Men’s Foot Care
Men’s feet are pretty low-maintenance, but they can still benefit from some basic foot care. After all, nobody likes funky feet. Rough skin, bad odor and nasty nails are big turn-offs – ask anyone. Keep your feet in great form with help of our best voted podiatrists of Chicagoland for best foot care.
Whether you’re a serious athlete or just a weekend warrior, you’ve probably been sidelined by painful blistersor calluses on your feet. Wear proper-fitting shoes, and stock a box of bandages to put on your feet at the first sign of irritation, then call our office for proper treatment and future help to avoid open wounds and set up of the infection.
Insoles for Comfort or Arch Support
If our doctors would find that you are in need of custom made Arch Supports , they will take measurements and impressions of your feet ,and will order for you custom orthotics. In the meantime you will be given temporary arch supports for your feet , as it takes usually 3-4 weeks to make custom orthotics for you.
If you stand for long hours, you may end the day with a case of sore feet. Insoles can help make shoes more comfortable. Most over-the-counter brands do not offer much in the way of arch support. Our temporary insoles have a plastic shell at the bottom, which makes them strong enough to provide real support.
Anti-Fungal Lotions, Powders, and Sprays can only help in a very mild cases.
Stubborn cases of athlete’s foot are one of the biggest reasons men turn to our most experienced podiatrist for help.
Dark and damp conditions allow the funguses that cause athlete’s foot to flourish. Basic good foot hygiene is the best way to prevent fungal infections.
1. Condition your feet with men’s body moisturizer.
2. Wash between your toes. A lot of guys don’t pay much attention to their feet, even in the shower. The area between your toes traps dirt easily and is a breeding ground for bacteria; athlete’s foot may develop if you don’t regularly clean between your toes.
So if you would already encounter that problem, don’t wait for too long as infection can spread and will be much harder to treat later . Call our office right away to schedule your evaluation and treatment with our best trained and experienced doctors at European Foot and Ankle Clinic.
3. Wear shoes that fit. Rough skin on your feet is usually the result of wearing shoes that are too tight. The tightness creates friction that can contribute to calluses. Your feet need space so get shoes that fit properly and have soft padding to reduce your risk of calluses and corns. You should also be using shoes that are appropriate for whatever activity you’re doing. For example, you shouldn’t be wearing regular sneakers when you’re going hiking unless you’re asking to get hurt.
4. Trim your nails the right way. When you trim your toenails, make sure you’re trimming them straight across and not rounded. Rounded nail-cutting can increase your risk of ingrown toenails, which is pretty painful. Only experienced podiatrist at our clinic will cut toe nail in the corners for you if needed to avoid ingrown toenail and set up of the infection. Also, trim your toenails at regular intervals. Your toenails can become extremely long, increasing their risk of breaking and becoming infected.
5. Exfoliate 2-3 times a week. Using a men’s body scrub on your feet can help remove dull buildup and other debris that can attract bacteria. At our 7 Chicagoland clinics our doctors will use professional tools to remove deep skin cracks to avoid open wounds and potential set up of infection.
6. Wear sandals or shoes in communal locations like the gym or public showers. The warm, humid floor of the locker room is swarming with bacteria, fungal infection and warts, so always wear something on your feet at these types of public places ,lack of footwear in these locations can increase your risk of athlete’s foot and other fungi-related conditions. In case you would encounter that problem, don’t hesitate to visit us at any of our 7 Chicagoland locations!
7. Sometimes, you can benefit from the professional advice of a foot doctor or skin doctor. This is especially true if you notice signs of infection like yellow toenails. Always consult our physician before using any men’s skincare product if you have a history of skin problems.
8. Use a men’s body powder. Using a body powder on your feet can help absorb excess moisture and soothe skin. A body powder is especially useful for athletic men – it can help prevent and relieve skin discomfort associated with exercise.
See any of our best trained and experienced podiatrist of European Foot and Ankle Clinic at any of our 7 Chicagoland locations if you would need any help with your feet , call us at
A + BBB Chicago
My feet felt wonderful after seeing Dr. Pidolshiy.
Very nice staff. I had a very pleasant visit, I will be returning.
Always good care!
Always great service to my daughter and family ,staff very friendly ! Very recommended .
Dr Vadim always takes great care of my foot, I have been going there for years. He provides fast effective service.
Great Doctor and wonderful staff, they helped me a lot when i broke my ankle!
The staff was patient and considerate. Dr. Szmyd was very helpful in keeping my treatment affordable.
Dr Vadim is very nice and does very good work
Always a great experience at the foot doctor with Dr. Galina. I usually don't know what I need at the time of service except that I have some sports related injury; but when I leave...
Dr. Goshko took excellent care of my broken foot. Nice and friendly atmosphere at the office. I recommend this place
Dr Goshko is great, he helped me with my broken ankle, very nice and friendly office.
I had my bunion surgery done. It was done great. They use new technique that leaves you without scars. Just after 2 weeks I was able to wear a wide regular shoe. I would suggest...
Dr. Gelgbmann is better than excellent! I can't say enough good things about Dr. Gelbmann and his staff. Dr. David took wonderful care of my son's nail infection and put an end to it! Since...
From scheduling appointment to visit itself the process was nice and easy. Doctor took time to explain everything in details, office staff is friendly and helpful, I was very pleased with overall experience.
Very easy! Margarita scheduled my appointment, confirmed my insurance and email me confirmation. Anetta greeted me and took excellent care of me. Doctor made the process quick and easy!
My overall experience was great, I've been using this clinic for a while now and the doctor always takes good care of me , he explains everything, takes time to listen to my problems. it...
The office and staff personnel are always there to help with all you need. I'm very satisfied with the overall experience, it's nice to know that they care about you, and doctor does take time...
Physician always answers all my questions. Staff is always nice, friendly and efficient.
Everyone is professional, nice and friendly. We always have great time here.
Office and office staff are always nice and friendly, always there to help with all questions you might have. Doctor takes time to listen and spends good amount of time to explain everything to you....
Doctor took great care of my problem, explain all. Office is nice and clean. Staff very nice as well.
I was very satisfied with overall experience at this clinic, they took excellent care of me.
5 STAR , very satisfied patient. Doctor took time in getting to know me and my problem, staff helped with questions i had. It was easy to get appointment. I would recommend to all in...
I can't say enough good things about this place, always such a great service . From scheduling appointment to visit with doctor, top notch. Thank you!
I've been coming here for years now. This is my to go place for all foot related problems. They take great care of me. Wonderful people!
Very friendly doctor and staff, they make you feel at home. 5 STAR!